Brief Advice Clinics
In addition to the direct legal services and webinars, FYLaw is proud to announce that the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund grant will also be supporting three brief advice clinics. These clinics will be staffed by FYLaw staff and students as well as local volunteer attorneys. Families can attend these sessions to ask questions or otherwise get assistance with the following legal issues:
- Obtaining personal documents (birth certificate, Social Security card, driver’s license, state ID, car insurance)
- Juvenile delinquency and/or adult criminal record sealing and expungement
- Creating legal documents like wills, living wills, powers of attorney, Grandparent Powers of Attorney, and Caretaker Authorization Affidavits
- Discussion of custody options (NOT legal representation on this issue)
- Understanding and/or negotiating contracts, including lease agreements
- Landlord tenant legal issues, including evictions
- Applying for and accessing public benefits, including subsidized housing
- Credit problems, including fraud and identity theft
- Referral and resource information on topics such as domestic violence, Victims of Crime compensation, employment, parenting classes and other legal issues.
Check back soon for more information on the brief advice clinics!